Saturday, December 6, 2008

Staff Christmas Party

Ha Ha, that is a funny one isn't it? Staff? Whoever thought I would be part of a Church Staff? I never did! It's amazing where God can take you and put in places you never thought of before. As I started helping and volunteering after we joined the church, I thought it would be could. I never thought the opportunity would present itself so boldly. It has been a roller coaster of emotions to get to this point.

Ok so back to the party... Have I mentioned yet that it was a blast? NO? Well it was. It was awesome to spend time more intimately with people you generally only see a few times a week. It was just awesome to sit and watch each other and have fun with each other. Even better yet, it was all kid free! Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my kid and our church family's kids are great too.

Ok so we did this gift swap thing. Everyone gets a number and we randomly choose a gift from the pile starting with number 1 then 2 then... you get the idea. What makes it more interesting is that the next person can take your gift instead of one from the pile. I was the first to "steal" a gift. And it was funny, I didn't do it nicely, I snatched it and ran back to my seat with it. HA HA HA! Everyone got a kick out of that one. As it went on other people were taking each other's gifts. Tammy got a gift that she really liked (salt and pepper shakers, she collects them) and it was taken from her and at one point she got to get them back, but towards the end, I knew she really wanted them so I went over and pretended to take them. LOL She about broke my arm off. LOL I wasn't going to take it, but it was fun to see her reaction. I wound up taking the last gift from the pile to end it all. What a blast. That was the first time I had ever done a gift swap like that. I finally ended up with a gift card from Cracker Barrel and some chocolate. I can't remember what Michele got. Oh well. After that, Todd gave out Christmas Ornaments. Another surprise. I didn't think that there would be so much going on at one party. This definitely tops all the other parties I have been to.

I was able to get a picture of all of us at the end. It is a little blurry, but I think its from all the Love over pouring in the room that blurred it.



Great Times.
Great People.
Great Food.
Awesome entertainment.
Awesome God!

Thanks
Richard

No comments: