Friday, May 9, 2008

The Best Man

Here are the lyrics to “The Best Man” by 33 Miles that was used in a video for WLBC’s Graduates 2007. It’s an awesome song.

:::VERSE 1:::
I have always dreamed
To be that superhero
To fly right in and somehow save the day
And I have always wanted
To be more than I could be
But see the fall and somehow lose my way

But the day your love stepped in
Was the day my life began

:::CHORUS:::
Cause you make me shine
You make me soar
You make me everything I never was
But so much more

You give me strength
You let me stand
And I don’t have to move a mountain but I know I can
Cause you make me the best man

:::VERSE 2:::
Even through my weakness
You know who I am
And you give me amazing grace
That I don’t understand
And there are no words that could ever describe
The glory of, the beauty of you in my life

Because you gave your love to me
I’m the best that I can be

:::BRIDGE:::
I will never be the same
Cause you have changed everything
From the man I was
To the man that’s standing by your side

I was really moved by the lyrics. The melody of this song was always awesome as well, but I never looked at the lyrics until tonight. I am glad I did.
First Verse….
I have always dreamed // To be that superhero // To fly right in and somehow save the day // And I have always wanted // To be more than I could be // But see the fall and somehow lose my way // But the day your love stepped in // Was the day my life began

This First verse… When we growing up we were unstoppable, not much scared us. We always wanted to be the best and save the world like Superman, Batman, Spiderman, or some other hero. And it’s true with God we would fall and come short. But when GOD came in. When HE came in my life was changed. He gives us a NEW beginning with HIM. If we allow him to show us the was we can never fail. God never forsakes us.

In the Chorus… He makes us soar, makes us everything we NEVER was and so much more. He gives us strength to stand. We can move mountains with our faith in HIM.
HE makes us “THE BEST (WO)MAN” HE makes us the Best. Not our jobs, not our family, not any of our friends. God is the only one who makes us who we are. And if we allow Him to control our lives, there is nothing We cannot do. “I can do all things through Christ Jesus who/which strengthens me” Philipians 4:13

The second verse….
Even through my weakness // You know who I am // And you give me amazing grace // That I don’t understand // And there are no words that could ever describe // The glory of, the beauty of you in my life // Because you gave your love to me // I’m the best that I can be

Even through my weakness, He knows who I am, HE gives me Amazing Grace, ~~ WOW - How awesome is that ~~ I don’t understand it, but its awesome, There are no words that can describe His grace, There are no words to describe the beauty He leaves in us of Him in our lives. Because HE loved us. He loved us soooo much. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 Because HE loved us so much, I can be the Best that I can be.

The Bridge continues….
I will never be the same // Cause you have changed everything // From the man I was // To the man that’s standing by your side

I NOW will never be the same after He has come into my life. HE has changed ME and everything around me to Glorify Him. He changed the man I used to be to the man that is Here today. He transformed me into his Child. I am now His and nothing can ever separate us from Him. He is all Glorious and powerful. He is the almighty, the Ever Lasting Father. The beginning, The end. He is self existent. I don’t know if there is any other person I want worship that My Heavenly Father, who is constantly changing me.

What an awesome God we serve. What an honor to be loved by someone as great as He. No human or superhero can ever do what God does.
Thanks for reading. I hope you will seek out that song and listen to it. It’s pretty awesome.

In Christ’s AMAZING Love
WLBC-Webmaster
Learning Everyday!

No comments: