Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Learning Again

Ok so day 2 of Learning Everyday

Ok so a few minutes a go I had this all done and I hit the "back" button on my web browser on accident and lost the whole thing. Lets see if I can remember what I wrote…..

What I learned today….
I learned that God allows us to go through difficult times to draw closer to Him. He prepares us for His plan! The only way we can share what we have been through and how God helped us through it, is to Live It!

Now you might be thinking… Why would God who is supposed to be protecting us from bad things, keeping us from danger, loving us no matter what, and show Mercy all the time, would allow us to go through those difficult times? How else are we to learn? Yeah you could read books, search the internet, and talk to others who have experienced tragedy in their lives, but HOW would you be able to share and testify to others your experience of tragedy and overcoming it? HOW? Real life experience is the true training of our lives! Learning how to trust God through these times. Learning how to live day to day. Learning how to overcome and become victorious on the other side. Sure going through these times sure does stink at times and some days are harder than others. But how else do you expect to learn it? You can only truly share the hard times and the triumph over them if you only live it.

Take my wife for example. Her childhood was extremely horrible to say the least. I wont go into details but for over 7 years of her teenage years, she lived through some pretty horrific things. I see her now still working with God. She has learned so much recently. God has really blessed her. She probably doesn’t feel that way sometimes, but when it comes time, she will look back and say, WOW, Thank you God for allowing me to live and to be able to share how God has changed her life over the years. Of course it didn’t happen overnight or in a few years. God has been working on her for many years now. She is at the edge looking over and is so close to spreading her wings to fly again. During her recent training sessions at a local facility, she was able to share insights to some of the other participants and was able to impact their lives. She was only able to do this because she had been there and has learned how to overcome so many obstacles. God put a lot of people in her life to get her where she is today!

So the next time you are having a rough day, ask God what he is trying to teach you. And when you ask don’t forget to listen. Now God doesn’t always answer in the way you and I would communicate, but if you look for it, pray for it, listen and wait for it, God will show you what it is he is teaching you. For me, most days, is patience and tolerance! I will get into that more later someday.

I pray that as I share my thoughts and things that I learn, that God uses me and this to His Plan for me and anyone who reads it.

Thanks for reading. God Bless!!!

In Christ’s Love
WLBC-Webmaster

No comments: