Wednesday, December 10, 2008

1 Timothy 6:7

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
1 Timothy 6:7 NIV


I read that daily bible verse just a moment ago. It was posted here on my blog and just thought WOW! We really can be just content to have food and clothing. Nothing else is needed to be content. I am definitely happier with a full belly. LOL

Anyways... I saw that I just had to share it. God has really been working on my heart to be content with very little. I used to make almost 3 times what I do now and thought it was never enough and never had a contentment with most anything. These days, I am more content with less. Don't get me wrong, I love my internet and computers. I enjoy working on them. I am good at working with them and they bring a sense of accomplishment and a job well done.

I am finding that God is showing me more avenues to be content with His guidance. It is a really awesome feeling to feel this way and know God keeps us safe.

Tonight during cooking, I almost spilled a full pot of boiling water on myself when trying to pull it off the stove. I kid you not, that pot quit moving until I could grab it and push it back on the stove. For real, I should be in the hospital right now with 3rd degree burns. It was an amazing miracle. God's hand held that pot on the edge of the stove top until I could grab it and get control of it. There was definitely something miraculous about that moment. I can't believe I almost forgot to share that.

I can't stop thinking tonight about how mighty our God is. How awesome He is. And the fact He proves Himself over and over again. It's like I have seen the power God for the first time and the control He has over everything. Nothing we do is worth anything unless it comes from God and His guidance.

This just goes back to the "Listen and Obey". There is something umm.... extremely special about God's handy work.

Pray for me to listen more often. God has shown me a path of a future that is waiting for me. I don't know when I will get there or when it will happen, or for that matter know where it will happen. My thoughts and my heart and emotions feel like they have almost done a 180 and I am trying to keep up with it. I get a little lost along the way and then God does what He did today and I can see His light again.

I want to be willing to go when HE says "GO!" I want to ask the impossible and believe it. I want that Faith HE so freely gives to us. All we have to do is pray and we will receive. I also want to know the right things to say when someone asks me about my faith and my God. I want to be able to convey the importance of knowing Jesus. I want to be able to convey the importance of listening to the Holy Spirit when He speaks. I want to keep growing and learning.

I know sometimes I have a hard time getting across what I want to say and convey what is on my heart. I just hope you can read between the lines and understand the wholeness of what I am trying to say.

Good Night my Brothers and Sisters.
God Bless you and your loved ones.
Richard

No comments: