Friday, October 31, 2008

Being Sick

Being Sick is just horrible. Ask my wife, I hate being sick. Not only cannot I not do the things I want to do, I feel horrible while trying to do anything. I am a big baby when it comes to being sick. I whine a lot! I guess it's in my nature. When I was a kid, the more whining I did, the more stuff and attention I got from Mom and Dad. I guess it's still the kid in me whining. Anyways, Michele has been awesome this week. She has yelled at me for getting things for myself. I tell her I am sick of lying in bed and need to get up and move around.
So today I am at work after being off the last few days. I am still not back to 100% but feel better today than I have been. I am more dizzy today than anything. My head feels like it is going to float away. Like I said I am big whiner when I am sick. I am trying to get thru today but we will see how it goes. I am not sure if it is my medicine or just the sickness making me feel this way. Oh well, I know soon I'll be better. Good news from this I am down to smoking only 10 *1/2 cigarettes a day. So its like only smoking 5 a day. It chokes me to even light one up lately. I am hoping I can keep up with this so I can quit soon. That would be awesome.
I did mention to the doctor on Monday, that I have been sick like this 6 times since June. I had been to the doctor 4 times and to the ER 2 times. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it at this time. I keep thinking, either she is not concerned because I smoke, the fact I get better with each dose of antibiotics, or she's a quack. I am starting to get concerned tho. One of the medications she had me on, singulair(sp?), has a side effect of upper respiratory infections and 2 of them that were back to back was during the time I was taking the allergy medicine. I stopped taking it and it my upper respiratory problems seemed to disappear until recently. I didn't have any problems for about 2 solid months. My concern is why I keep having these. Hopefully this dose of antibiotics will get rid of what ever it is that keeps causing it. If this doesn't do it, I will definitely ask to be referred to an allergist to diagnose it that way. I don't know. I am not a doctor, but it seem s to me that you would want to diagnose the cause of the symptoms and not just the symptoms.
I know what does this have to do with anything. I don't know, I just know I like to whine when I am sick.
So that's it, now you know.
Thanks
Richard

No comments: