Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Lied

Sorry, I thought I was gonna take the night off from writing, but I decided to write anyways. I lied. Sorry, at the time I had not planned on making an entry for today.

OH my what a day. Mother’s day! Woke up late this morning for church. But we did manage to finally get there. We also had to stop and pick up breakfast for Sunday School on our way. Ok, so Sunday School’s message was about Paul writing to the Corinthian church again. He was explaining how he put his life on the line for what he believed. He believed in the resurrection of Christ. He was teaching the Good News and was constantly persecuted by many because of his teachings. He had been put in jail, beaten, gone hungry for days, come close to death several times, and pushed away by many. He went through all of this to make sure the Good News was being told. Paul was challenging the Corinthians to evaluate their beliefs. If Christ didn’t rise on the 3rd day then all of Paul’s suffering was for nothing. He wanted the Corinthians to remember the first time they heard the Good News and re-commit to their beliefs.

Sunday morning Worship. Todd started a series called “SERVED” last week and this week continued. He showed us that we as Christians need to be serving others. To reach the lost we need to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give drink and food to those who are thirsty, and to give of ourselves to meet the needs of others. Christ commanded us to do so. Christ wants us to be more like Him.

Matthew 25:35-36

•35• For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, •36• I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Anyways…. To come alive in our community we will be heading out into the community next Sunday, May 18. There will be no Sunday School or Morning Worship. Our Pastors and administration team have gathered information about places that need our attention in our community. We will be heading out to those places at 9am next Sunday. It will be an Interesting Day. I am already nervous, but I think that it will make a huge impact, not just on our lives, on the lives of the people we meet that day. In order to become more like Christ we must start doing the things Christ did. We must start learning and developing those habits that portray the Love of Christ in our lives.

We should all pray that this will impact everyones’ lives who are serving and being “SERVED”

In Christ’s Love
WLBC-Webmaster
Learning Everyday!

No comments: