Thursday, May 1, 2008

Drained

Emotionally Drained…..

I have missed a few days since the last time I wrote. OK 3 days. Monday was emotionally draining at work and when I got home I just vegged out in front of the TV all night. Spent some time with my family and so forth.

Tuesday, My son had a game and we did not get home until late. We also got his pics back for his baseball photos.












He loves to play baseball. H

e does not like getting his picture taken though. Now if you know him like I know him, you can easily tell that his smile is not real. I

n a couple of weeks he is getting braces in his teeth. He is not looking forward to that at all. In the long run he’ll appreciate it but for now its a struggle. In the mean time he just wants to be a stinky boy

, who loves to play hard, live hard, and just be a kid.

Wednesday…. Well it was my day off. I spent most, ok all, of the day working on the church website. I received our monthly newsletter and was posting all the events and also making some graphics. Most of the time was making graphics. Here a couple…..

Anyways, the cookbook cover took the most time. I searched for pictures of food and then cropped them, put them together, then added the text and resized the image several times to get the right dimensions. Anyways, I thought I would share. I made some others but not quite as time consuming.

Thursday… Today… Well, I realized that I had not written in a few days and decided that I needed to make time. So I did. Which is the only reason I am here tonight.

So the point of this blog was to write about things I learn daily. I learned today, that there are some people that I deal with, that I don’t want to help because of their demeanor to me on the phone. Even though I am not supposed to take it personally, they treat me like I cannot help them. They act like they have no faith in me. Which some I don’t blame them. After speaking to several people and nothing getting done, I would too, be untrusting. I like to think of myself as (not better), more mindful ( I guess you would say) than some others. My goal is to take care of every person I come in contact with. But there are some people lately that just don’t listen and they really just want to complain alot. Its extremely hard to help some of these. I feel almost attacked and abused while on the phone. Its very discouraging when I am trying to help them and they just don’t want to let me do my job. I had an elderly gentleman that swore up and down he had a certain phone number. In fact he did at one time but his phone number changed when he moved and no one told him that it had changed. In fact all the contacts that this man had made up to this point, NO ONE told him that he had a different phone number. This guy has had a new phone number now for almost 6 weeks. I really did not get that. How can some of my co-workers continuously just not do their job. Although, he wanted me to do more, I didn’t. I told him he had a new number. He wanted me to get his old number back. At that point, he didn’t want to hear the truth of what it would take or how long it could take to get his number back. He wanted me to call him back but I never did. I had several calls drop today, and usually I will call them back. I didn’t. I don’t know, I guess I am just tired of doing this over and over and over and over again. It sometimes almost feels pointless. I know today was a day of just wrong choices. I just wanted to get through the day and go home most of the day. I guess we all have bad days like this. I am just hard on myself because I expect myself to be better than that. It’s humbling to know I am not perfect and scary.

It is scary to know that I am not perfect because then I have to work harder on myself to be a better person. Not only for my family, coworkers, and friends but God Himself. I am sure tomorrow will be better. Since I have realized that I need to do better, tomorrow I will ask God to help me along the way. I think today I forgot to do that. It’s amazing if we just ask God to help us throughout the day HE does. When we forget, we usually (or at least I do sometimes) get lost through the day and don’t make as many right choices.

I thought it might be interesting for me to focus my attention on one subject at a time and really dive into that subject. Kinda like a Bible Study blog. I was kinda looking over some of my past blogs and realized I had mentioned that I would talk more about it later. One of the subjects was about one of God’s Ten Commandments, "thou shall have no other gods before me". I am not sure what number that would be, but I really want to focus on the Ten Commandments and focus on what God says about them throughout the Bible and give you all some passages and reference. I am praying God will speak to me and guide me in my daily life as I review these Ten Commandments. Jesus mentioned an 11th commandment in the New Testament and I will include that one also. Jesus added to the original Ten. He needed to at the time to make a point. Jesus was a Master at telling stories to get his point across.

I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for reading.

God Bless!

WLBC-Webmaster

Learning Everyday!

No comments: