Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blog Layout

I wanted my blog to represent what my blog is about. Learning Daily. Walking with God. Life's distractions. Arising from Distractions. Putting God First. Trusting God completely. Giving all to Him.

The Picture at the top is a narrow straight road. It's the road we are to travel on.

Matthew 7:13-14

13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.


The signs in the background are distractions. It's easy to catch your eye on something that is NOT on the narrow road. Life can be a distraction sometimes to the purpose God laid out for us. There are people around that twist the truth. It sounds like the Gospel but its not. If we are not submerged in the word and not listening to those who speak the truth, its easy to get off the narrow road.

I find myself more and more looking things up for myself. Not because I don't trust the person, but I want to know what the Bible says verbatim. Sometimes we quote scripture and not meaning to will leave out a word that can change the whole context of what is supposed to be repeated. I also want to read the verses before it and after it. You get the full meaning that way. One verse sometimes can be used incorrectly to suit your own needs at the time. God never said use my words against me.

So as we walk through life we have distractions but its how we walk through those distractions that define us. Are we still on the narrow road to righteousness? Are we on the path that leads to the narrow gate? But finding truth in God's word is what helps guide us where we need to be at any point in life. God knew that we would struggle to stay with him. He knew and that's the reason he kept giving us chances. He gave us the ultimate chance in knowing his Son, Jesus. Jesus was the ultimate and only way we could ever be with God.

John 14:1-7

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

No comments: