Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Dinner

Christmas Dinner @ WLBC
December 21, 2008 6:00 p.m.

Dinner at Church is always a great event. It's a great time for fellowship and hanging out with people. With our busy lives, it is hard to spend time with each other. I love it when we all get together like this, even though I have to do some of the setup and cooking. It's just a lot of fun spending time with these people. I have never met a group of people who Love the Lord so much.

Our church has been through a lot of ups and downs over the last several years but we keep on going. God has a plan for us and we only continue to pray that we are doing His will. He has had His hand on our church and pushed us through many obstacles and bumps in the road. We just keep going. It is awesome.

Tonight the Bakers and Makers of WLBC cooked Roast and Ham and Dinner Rolls. The church family brought desserts, corn dishes, potato dishes, and even green bean casserole dishes.

Aaron and Hayden made a dessert to bring. They keep calling me "Richie". I guess in a way it's cool. Makes me feel loved by a couple of teenagers. I know it sounds weird, but you often expect adults to show love or "I like you" type things but not so much in teenagers. Teenagers can be hard to reach sometimes. But it is really neat to see these two open up and bring in a dessert and call me "Richie". I don't know if I am expressing the feelings I have towards these two or not very well. But hopefully you get the jest of the idea.

Enjoy the pictures of the food and the beautiful decorations Wanda and her team created on the little stage we have there in the gym. Wanda does such a great job with decorating for our events. It is fun to see all the little ideas she puts together for the tables etc...

Enjoy.
Richard








No comments: