Monday, May 19, 2008

You've Been Served

You’ve been Served. That was the motto for today at WLBC. We went out to the community and pumped gas, wrangled carts, picked up parking lots, picked up trash along the streets, washed windows, went to hospitals, went to the Ronald McDonald house and visited people who can’t get out. It looked like there was about 200+ there today. It was pretty awesome that everyone showed up. After last Sunday’s announcement, I was scared it would be very few. God has a way of making things happen.

God is serving WLBC as we served others. He continues to bless us as a church and as individuals within the church. In all my years of growing up and going to church, this is the first time I have experienced God work in these ways. God is not just another word, phrase or someone’s name. God is everything. And Everything belongs to Him. We were put on this earth to SERVE others as Christ did so many years ago.

Here is the Business card that we handed to people as we “SERVED” them.













Washing of the feet. John 13: 4-12

(4)so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. (5)After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

(6)He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”

(7)Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

(8)”No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

(9)”Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”

(10)Jesus answered, “A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” (11)For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

(12)When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them.

Jesus Explains how to Serve Him through Servicing others. Matthew 25:35-40

(35)For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, (36)I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

(37)”Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? (38)When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? (39)When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

(40)”The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Jesus served his disciples so that they may be a part of Him. Through servicing others, Jesus paved the way that we should all live by. Being Humble and Serving others. Every time you help someone else out of Christ’s Love, you are serving the Master and Creator of our massive Universe.

Keep Serving - God Bless! - Love you guys.

As always thank you for reading

In Christ’s Love
WLBC-Webmaster
“Learning Everyday!”

No comments: